The Role of the Church in the Community
The Adult Sabbath School Lesson for this quarter brings us one of the most basic Christian practices that is often forgotten because we are too busy being in the church. The community is left behind and it is only remembered by 30% of the Adventist community according the research.
What happen to the other 70%? The authors of Bible Study Guide Gaspar Colón and May-Ellen Colón were missionaries to Africa and former Soviet Union. They see the real life in the real world that needs Christian to start acting like one. They wrote this study guide for us to truly understand that our lives are meant to be of service for others.
These are the Weekly titles of our lesson for this quarter:
- The “Restoration of all Things
- Restoring Dominion
- Justice and Mercy in the Old Testament Part 1
- Justice and Mercy in the Old Testament Part 2
- Jesus on Community Outreach
- Jesus Mingled with People
- Jesus Desired their Good
- Jesus showed Sympathy
- Jesus Ministered to their Needs
- Jesus Won their Confidence
- Jesus Bade them, “Follow Me”
- Urban Ministry in the End Time
- How shall we Wait?
The topics need to be understood in the context of actually doing it for the community.
I got my copy and I already started distributing it to the churches in my district. Hurry and contact your district pastor/leader to have a copy of this Bible Study Guide.
For more information you can contact our Northeastern Mindanao Mission’s Sabbath School Director, Pastor Jerry E. Taguno.